It can be daunting. You have a vague recollection of the “old” you. The lawyer who loved your job, relished applying the law, enjoyed solving problems, dealing with clients, working alongside other committed professionals. You have a hunch that could be you again, though, perhaps with a few amendments, such as not being chained to a desk every evening and weekend.
At the Reignite Academy we’ve made it our mission to help lawyers achieve their full potential. We specifically aim to help people navigate what can best be described as “non-linear” careers. A large part of that involves helping women return to the law after a career hiatus.
For many of the women who approach us, this is their first foray into the recruitment market since they were a new graduate. They have all sorts of questions. What should I put in my CV? Do. really have to be on LinkedIn? Are those long hours inevitable? What level should I go in at? Will I be able to work from home?
We’ve worked with hundreds of women going through this process. Here’s what to expect if you work with us.
- An honest conversation about what you’re looking for (and whether it exists). We will talk to you candidly about your current situation, where you want to be in 3 to 5 years and what could be the right next steps for you.
- Our insights and experience of the recruitment market today. Which areas are busy, where is there demand for your skills, how might you pivot your experience to move into a new or adjacent field. Who is in the market for someone like you and what makes you an attractive employment proposition.
- Advice on the pros and cons of different alternatives: private practice or in house; fee earning or business services roles; different types of law firms.
- A shortlist of alternatives that we will explore together – options for you to consider and a narrowing down of where you want to focus.
- Advice on how to tailor your CV to maximise your chances of being invited for interview
- Guidance on how to create your LinkedIn profile and advice on how to use this platform to support your job search
- Coaching and support as your prepare for, conduct and debrief interviews.
- A partner to work alongside you and on your behalf when it comes to negotiating working hours, terms, salary and other benefits
- Coaching and support through your transition back to work, particularly in the first three months of your new role.
- New friends. Not just in the Reignite team but in our wider community.
What are you waiting for. Contact us today.